The Sudbury Branch of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum is once again calling on all schools in the Greater Sudbury area to submit proposals for Innovation Educational Funding for 2022
Founded in 1898, the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) is the leading technical society of professionals in the Canadian Minerals, Metals, Materials and Energy Industries. CIM has always maintained three objectives:
CIM has over 14,600 members, convened from industry, academia and government. With 10 Technical Societies and over 35 Branches, our members help shape, lead and connect Canada’s mining industry, both within our borders and across the globe.
Please find attached for dissemination to the schools in your board the following:
You will note that the deadline to receive proposals for the Innovation Educational Funding is Wednesday, November 10th, 2021
Should you require further details, please contact the undersigned.
CIM Sudbury Branch
1) Proposals to have a focus on engineering/technological education, with the emphasis on programs connected to the mining, metallurgical, petroleum industries and trades.
2) The proposal is to be limited to purchase of materials or equipment that will be used by students. Requests for other funding will not be considered.
3) The proposal is to be reasonable in its monetary value.
4) The proposals to have an accurate itemized breakdown of equipment and their associated costs.
5) An itemized breakdown of proposals will facilitate consideration of partial funding where the total cost is deemed to be excessive.
6) Multiple requests for funding from a school or a program are welcomed, and each will be judged according to its own merits.
7) Proposals will be judged according to the following criteria:
8) Return proposals to:
CIM Sudbury Branch
9) Proposals to be received no later than Wednesday, November 10th, 2021
Download the application form in English HERE
Download the application form in French HERE