The Sudbury Branch of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum is once again calling on all groups and post secondary institutions in the Greater Sudbury area to submit proposals for funding for 2022.
Founded in 1898, the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) is the leading technical society of professionals in the Canadian Minerals, Metals, Materials and Energy Industries. CIM has always maintained three objectives:
CIM has over 14,600 members, convened from industry, academia and government. With 10 Technical Societies and over 35 Branches, our members help shape, lead and connect Canada’s mining industry, both within our borders and across the globe.
Our Sudbury Branch holds regular meetings, conferences and social activities for our members. Profits raised from these activities are used to support local initiatives that encourage mining related activities and education.
Yearly funding is divided into two separate groups; The Innovation Education Fund to help support primary/secondary teachers who are teaching earth sciences and trade related subjects; and the CIM Community Fund, which includes post secondary activities and community groups activities supporting mining knowledge and education.
The Community funding guidelines and application forms are attached. Please note that the deadline to receive proposals for 2022 CIM Community Funding is: Thursday, March 31, 2022
Should you require further details, please contact the undersigned.
CIM Sudbury Branch
1) Requests have to be from community groups or post secondary education facilities
2) Requests to have a focus on engineering/technological events, with the emphasis on activities connected to the mining, metallurgical, petroleum industries and trades.
3) The request needs to include how this event or activity supports the mining community.
4) CIM would like to receive updates with pictures after an event or by year’s end. This information will presented to our members to show how the CIM Branch funding is helping the mining community. More importantly, it will be used to justify supporting future funding for your event or organization.
5) CIM Sudbury Branch would like to know how the event / activity sponsors will be acknowledged for their contribution to the event / activity.
6) Return requests to:
CIM Sudbury Branch
7) Proposals to be received no later than: Thursday, March 31, 2022
Download the application form HERE